PharmaGlow's PowerPoint Presentation Competition (PPPC-08)
National Level Online PowerPoint Presentations Competition for Indian Pharmacy Students and Professionals.
To get an idea of how the competition works, please check Recent Contest Presentations ,
Abstract and Powerpoint: October 12th, 2010
Online Contest : October 20th to Nov 7 th.
Results : on Nov 14th.
Visualizing Pharmaceutical Concepts Using Multimedia
This contest is to test pharmacy students understading of "Concepts" they learned and their ability to explain their ideas using multimedia tools such as graphics , animations and narration (optional) as supportive media.
See Example Presentation on how you can show your creativity.
Suggested Areas of Competition are :
- Oral Sustained /Controlled release Systems
- Mucosal Systems
- Transdermal and topical Systems
- Ophthalmic Systems
- Targeted Drug Delivery Systems
- Protein and Peptide Delivery Systems
- Particulate System
- Pulmonary Drug Delivery System
- Colloidal Drug Delivery System
The presenting author should be either 2nd, 3rd or 4th year Bachelor of Pharmacy student , M.Pharmacy student , Pharm D student or Ph D student.
Step – 1: Registration in the site (free) through the link (http://www.pharmainfo.net/user/register) and verify the registration email sent to your email address used for registration. (All the authors should be registered members in the site with Photo on their profile page) NOTE : If you already a registered member of pharmainfo.net, you don't have to register again.
Example for a profile page link :
If you registered with user name as your FIRST NAME LASTNAME (ex: anil kumar appapurapu), your profile page link would be http://www.pharmainfo.net/anil-kumar-appapurapu
Step – 2 : Submission of abstract and Power Point Presntation together to contests @ pharmainfo.net.
Abstract Format details ( >> Download Model Abstract ) To be submitted in Ms word file with Times New Roman font with font size of 12. Title shall be in a font size 14.
1) Title : Ex: Understanding Nanoparticles advantages in drug delivery systems
2) Area of Contest : Ex: Targeted Drug Delivery Systems
3) Authors : Student Name and Guide Name
4) Abstract : Should briefly reflect the moto of your topic under presentation data containing not more than 600 words.
5) Key words : up to 6 key words
6) Profile page link of the author :Ex: http://www.pharmainfo.net/anil-kumar-appapurapu
7) Profile page link of the guide : Ex : http://www.pharmainfo.net/tegkmurthy
Power point presentation format details: (>>> Download Model PowerPoint . This ppt is more of traditional style. This time you can use animations & voice (optional) etc)
Number of Slides - : 50 (maximum)
Size limit – 3 MB
GUIDELINES for presentation
1) First slide should give the Title, Student Photo and Guide photo,name, address and profile page links.
2) Sentences used in explaining the concept should be written using your own words. Check sentences in each slide using, http://www.dustball.com/cs/plagiarism.checker/ and make sure they are plagiarism free. (Please see Attempt to make PLAGIARISM practically understand and Plagiarism …. A General Malpractice).
3) Bottom of "each" slide must contain reference deatils for the information, images, tables etc used that particular page but NOT on the last slide as list of references. ( For Reference format styles visit this page ).
4) All slides must be numbered in 1 of 50 style.
5) Last slide must contain "This presentation does not include plagiarized material".
1. All submissions (must be authors original work) are to besubmitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Last date for abstract and powerpoint submission : October 12th, 2010.
3. Online presentation : October 20th to Nov 7 th.
4. By participating in competition,you are agreeing that is your original work and transferring copyrights to pharmainfo.net All the rights are reserved by the organizer pharmainfo.net .
1) TIPS to Online PowerPoint Contest Participants
2) CHECK List for submission of Abstract and Powerpoint presentation to PPPC
3) My ideas about scientific powerpoint preparation
4) my critics to powerpoint presentation participants
5) Steps Involved in Presentation
6) Tutorial On Poster Designing
7) Free Software to Reduce Image size without effecting quality : http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm
Any questions ?
If you still have questions, please post here using this link (after login) http://www.pharmainfo.net/PPPC-08/Comments
See an example award winning presentation : Original content with animations developed 100% in PowerPoint.