SVKM'S NMIMS University: National Health Care Event ISTHMUS 09
Every year students of SVKM's NMIMS University, School of Pharmacy and Technology Management (SPTM) organize the nationally-recognized NMIMS Pharma and Health Care Business Conference which aims at bridging the gap between the industry and the institute.
Objective of the Event
To gather Industry leaders and NMIMS community to discuss the most critical challenges and opportunities currently faced by Pharma and health care businesses. Furthermore, it is an excellent opportunity for a company to interact with students and to enhance its presence and thought-leadership within the NMIMS community.
ISTHMUS '09 will be held on 21st and 22nd February, 2009 in Mumbai which would encase-
1. Corporate Symposium: a leading Pharma and Health care forum for Industry professionals, academics, and students – 22nd Feb '09 at The The Ramada Convention Centre,Powai.
2. Absolute Pharma Intellect (API): A national level Student-Corporate Pharma Quiz – 21st Feb '09 at Jasoda Rang Mandir, Vile Parle (W)
3. Branding: Management Game Event- 21st Feb '09 at Jasoda Rand Mandir, Vile Parle (W)
4. POST'ER'-IT-OUT: A national level Poster Presentation Competition – 22nd Feb '09 at The Ramada Convention Centre,Powai.
The theme for the corporate symposium is "The Way Ahead…Transcending Horizons"
It will focus on:
1. Healthcare sector's strategy in current global economical crisis.
2. Emerging business trends which boast the sustainable growth of Pharma sector in India like IT, health insurance.
3. Business model shift in Pharma sector: Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Hospitals, and medical device Industry.
4. Investment interest and funding strategy of financial firms and venture capitalist, in Pharma sector.
5. Government's role in health reforms and dealing with up coming health challenges for India.
6. Pharmaceutical firm about blockbuster drug.
7. HR perspective in Healthcare sector.
Absolute Pharma Intellect (API): National Level Pharma Quiz
It is a national level Pharma Quiz.The Quiz will be hosted by Amit Pandeya. He was the National Champion at Tata Crucible in 2006 and is a renowned Quiz Master.It is an open quiz. Mixed teams from the Industry and the Institite can participate. There will be two rounds – A written preliminary round and then the top six teams will be selected for the final stage round. The award is a cash prize of Rs. 35000/- and the API Trophy.
A Management Game Event. It is a unique gaming portal to express your management and technical skills .The game focuses on strategizing the marketing fundas to get the maximum sale of the "Over The Counter" Drugs.
For all those intellectual minds out there, we are also organizing a poster making competition. The participants will have to submit their paper online on the given topics and the best 30 papers will have to present a poster on the day of the corporate symposium.
Isthmus '08 was the first initiative taken by any Pharmacy college in India. It was a huge success. The following are some details of Isthmus '08:
1. Vikas Dandekar from CNBC TV was the chief guest for API and it was hosted by National Quizmaster Gautam Ghosh.More than 130 teams participated in the written preliminaries.
2. Teams ranging from Institutions like UICT, NIPER (Chandigarh), IIT Bombay, NITIE, SIES, NMIMS, BCP & Jamia Hamdard (New Delhi) to Corporate Sector teams like Wockhardt, CIPLA, Pfizer &Torrent participated.TCS walked out with top honours and a cash prize of Rs.25'000
3. Sanofi Aventis was the title sponsor and the associate sponsors were Zandu,Ajanta Pharma, Ankur Pharma,Lupin, Marsap and Rajesh Chemicals.
4. Corporate Seminar was a huge success and was graced by eminent speakers like Mr. Sunir Wadhwa, Sr. Director, Emerging Markets, CNS BU, Institutional Business and Mr. Pradeep Vaishnav, Sr. HR Director - Sanofi Aventis, Mr. V.P. Kamath, CEO - Apollo Hospitals, Dr. Suri Babu, Head (Sr. GM) Corporate Regulatory Affairs, Watson Pharma and other speakers from Glenmark, Piramal Health Sciences, Panacea Biotech,TDM Labs, MUHS, CDSCO, Wockhdart and Bayer Healthcare.
For inquiry contact :
# Manish Mishra – 09819462737, Email: manisgreat30 @ gmail.com
# Shalini Singh – email: shalinisingh_311 @ yahoo.co.in
# Neha Wadhwa – email: wadhwa_n @ hotmail.com
# Ankita Kothari – email : earthlycherubin @ gmail.com
# Ashruti Srivastava – email: ashruti.srivastava @ gmail.com
ISTHMUS 08 High Lights
Website : http://isthmus-sptm.com/index.html
Finalists of API along with Chief Guest Mr. Vikas Dandekar-CNBC TV 18's Mumbai Bureau Chief and Chief Pharma Correspondent and National Quiz Master Gautam Ghosh.
Mr.Sunir Wadhwa - Sr. Director, Emerging markets, CNS BU, Institutional Business, Sanofi Aventis addressing the inaugural session of the Corporate Seminar
A Panel Discussion on HR perspective
Dr. Meena Chintamaneni,HOD(Pharmacology),SPTM,NMIMS University addressing the crowd at the inaugural session of the National Level Pharma Quiz - API
Mr. Vikas Dandekar-CNBC TV 18's Mumbai Bureau Chief and Chief Pharma Correspondent felicitating the winners of API