Doctor of Pharmacy known as Pharm.D is a 6 years program during which 5 years is academic session and final year is completely bound to internship in hospital.
(1) 10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects: Mathematics or Biology.
(2) A pass in D.Pharm course from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India under section 12 of the Pharmacy Act.
(3) Any other qualification approved by the Pharmacy Council of India as equivalent to any of the above examinations.
Provided that a student should complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission to the course.
Admission is done based on state level entrance exams like EAMCET in Andhra Pradesh.
Spot admissions are also done.
Reservations are applicable.
No. of seats: 30
Duration of course:
Approvals required for college:
Respective University, AICTE and PCI
Institutions running B.Pharm programme approved under section 12 of the Pharmacy Act, will only be permitted to run Pharm.D. programme.
Subjects in each year:
First year Pharm. D:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology,
- Medicinal Biochemistry,
- Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry,
- Pharmaceutical Inorganic Chemistry,
- Remedial Mathematics/ Biology.
Second Year Pharm. D:
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology,
- Pharmacognosy & Phytopharmaceuticals,
- Community Pharmacy,
Third Year Pharm. D:
- Pharmaceutical Analysis,
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence,
- Medicinal Chemistry,
- Pharmaceutical Formulations.
Fourth Year Pharm. D:
- Hospital Pharmacy,
- Clinical Pharmacy,
- Biostatistics & Research Methodology,
- Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics,
- Clinical Toxicology
Fifth Year Pharm. D:
- Clinical Research,
- Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics,
- Clinical Pharmacokinetics & Pharmacotherapeutic Drug Monitoring,
- Project work (Six Months).
Sixth Year Pharm. D:
- Internship or residency training including postings in speciality units.
- Student should independently provide the clinical pharmacy services to the allotted wards.
- Six months in General Medicine department, and
- Two months each in three other specialty departments
Hospital details to link with institute to run Pharm. D. or Pharm.D. (Post Baccalaureate) courses:
Hospital should have teaching facility (minimum 300 bedded Hospital), Pharmacy Practice Department,
Specialties: Medicine (Compulsory and any three of the following)
* Gynecology and Obstetrics
* Skin and VD
In teaching position for Pharm.D students
Research & Development,
Correspondents & Trainers and
Not yet the first batch students were released and hence salary status is not available.