REPRIMELTS – THEY DON’T NEED WATER
Hi bloggers here comes my second topic of the month REPRIMELTS ....
Reprimelts are a novel approach of oral drug delivery system which can be administered through mouth without water with increased patient compliance and comfort. They disintegrate or dissolve in the saliva within 60 seconds from its administration. Patient convenience and compliance have resulted in bringing out such an effective safer and novel drug delivery systems.
An ideal REPRIMELT should:
- have a pleasing mouth feel.
- not require water for its disintegration or dissolution.
- have a acceptable taste masking property.
- be less friable and hard.
- leave minimum or no residue in mouth after administration.
- be stable enough in different environmental conditions
- these can be successfully administered to people who cant swallow.
- have increased bioavailability.
- good mouth feel property helps to change the perception of the bitter taste of the drug especially in pediatrics.
Drugs formulated as REPRIMELTS:
Analgesics and Anti-inflammatory agents
So, finally from the above list it is evident that reprimelts have now-a-days have attracted the major part of researchers interest and are greatly accepted by all kinds of patients.
An Assemblage of Pharmaceutical Resources,
A National Pharma Monthly Mgazine,
May 2009, Volume 4, Issue 05.
Pg no: 18-21
"THIS BLOG DOESNOT CONTAIN ANY PLAGIARISED MATERIAL"